18 Best Translation Management Software Tools
Are professional translation management software tools really worth the hype?
We know globalization is the dream of every business, but adopting your brand to every audience’s needs could be challenging. The demand for brand localization is higher than ever due to the growing demands of this multi-linguistic and multicultural world. It is also only with localization and translations that you can overcome the barriers of language and cultural differences. For this reason, localization management platforms are upgrading the translation management software to extract the best possible results. As the translation management tools are designed to make the translation process easier without human interference.
What is a Translation Management Software Tool?
A translation management software or tool is designed to help you effectively manage your everyday localization and translation tasks. It is a software program that makes the translation process quicker and faster. For instance, if you need to handle a project on a big scale or your business needs to translate a large volume of text into various languages and dialects, this kind of complexity can only be handled with the help of advanced TMS. Its features help store and edit the translation, and translate the projects section-wise. Moreover, it makes terminology management quite simple, creating, and using terms and translation memories for your project. In all this translation process, CAT tools enriched with advanced features help you manage glossaries, self-styled guides, and quality assurance. Also, machine translation is another important feature of TMS that helps translate the content automatically if used before and get matched with the already present strings.
18 Best Famous Translation Management Software Tools
Here are the most demanding professional translation management tools that would make your translation project management journey hassle-free and smooth. Choose your best translation management software from the top eighteen picks of 2023.
Translation Software Tools
● Integrated tools like GitHub● Cloud-based translation management tool
● CAT tools● 30 machine engines
● Cloud-based translation management tool● Centralization
● Automation● In-context translation
● SaaS software
● Native integrations● Famous CMS
● In-context editor
● API mechanism● Enriched CAT tools
● Plunet Business Manager
● Quality management system
| ● Al-powered |
● Hybrid machine-human workflow
● SDL Trados
● Customized workflows● Automation technology
● End-to-end solution for Windows
● Automated checks
● Xtm Cloud
● Automation● Cloud-based system
● Easy Translate
● Quality assurance checker
|● Redokun|| |
|● PoEdior||● Website Visual translations|
|● Glossary & QA checks||● Advanced translation editors|
Detail of these Best Translation Management Software Tools
The most distinguished name in the localization industry is Lokalise. It’s a translation and localization management platform that offers automation, fast delivery of projects, and transparency in the workflow. Lokalise uses a cloud-based translation management tool through which every team member can get access to localization projects from anywhere, anytime. Moreover, this system enhances productivity by leveraging computer-assisted tools (CAT) features like glossary creation, translation memory, machine translation, and QA automation to ensure quality. By all means, this system has made the translation and localization dream possible via its integrated tools like GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, and many more. This is also regarded as the preferred localization tool of more than 2000 companies.
- Seamless localization workflow – for effective team collaboration and better productivity.
- Automated processes- reduce manual efforts and automates the localization operations to achieve high speed and better work efficiency.
- Professional translation services – you can also buy other translation services directly from the platform.
- Real-time editing – any modifications made to the translations are automatically changed in the website or app.
Memosource is another translation management tool that is associated with Computer-assisted tools (CAT). It is designed for use across the globe. It is a combination of artificial intelligence with traditional translation technology. This system uses machine translation (MT), one of the remarkable features to save time and cost in this rapidly changing world. Because it recognizes the content if it is already present in machine translation before assigning it to human translators. So, the supportive features of its TMS software make Memosource one of the most reliable options in the localization industry. It also supports 500 languages with more than 30 machine translation (MT) engines.
- Translation memory – effectively manage and recycle your previously approved translation files to generate new translations faster.
- Terminology management – provides features to effectively create and manage your project terminology to maintain your translation consistency.
- Integration options – import the functionalities of other design, development, and CMS apps to the platform and work on them directly through Memosource.
- 24/7 technical support – a team is available around the clock to assist clients with all sorts of technical issues.
MarsHub is another prominent name in the localization industry. It is a 360° Localization management platform that offers an all-in-one solution. Marshub translation management software also has cloud-based technology along with self-style glossary creation and translation memory. Apart from its remarkable TMS features, having a centralized system allows project managers, translators, business owners, and developers to communicate and have access at the same time. Moreover, to provide business management solutions, this system supports custom workflows for every localization project.
- Customized workflows- users can customize their translation workflows while creating the project and linguists must follow it throughout the project execution.
- Glossaries- seamlessly create and manage your translation glossaries for each project to keep your translation tone and style consistent.
- Translation memory- MarsHub allows users to effectively manage their project translation memory, which speeds up automated translation generation.
- Dedicated freelance community- outsource your translation tasks to the best translators and LSPs from MarsHub’s dedicated vendor’s marketplace.
- Machine translation engine- generate automated and high-quality and manage your large volumes of translation translations in the quickest turnaround.
Transifex provides all-in-one solutions to problems that are difficult to handle. This company has software that has a distinguished name in the localization industry. It enables linguistics and translators to localize mobile apps, desktop apps, and websites in a flexible manner. It also helps to manage language files easily like XLIFF, and YamI. Along with it, translation memory, continuous localization, in-context editor, translation glossary, and automation process are enriched features of this system. However, Transifex is offering hassle-free worldwide services because of its cloud-based TMS along with native human translators and content management systems.
- Process automation – fully automated translation management process and seamless operations to achieve high performance and productivity.
- Team management – advanced collaborative features to manage your dedicated and freelance-based localization teams from one place.
- Quality assurance – provides glossary lookups, QA testing, and search string to ensure high-quality and accurate translations.
- Workflow management – smart tools and features to optimize your localization workflow that makes it much easier for teams to work on multiple projects.
Crowdin is a multi-functional translation management software having features such as collaboration for websites, software, project tracking, permission management, quality control, translation analytics, translator database, workflow management, localization automation, and machine translation. In this way, its TMS is cloud-based for the localization management process and is available as SaaS software. Furthermore, it is designed for technological companies and used by many technical enterprises like Huawei, and Avast. These enterprises are also providing translation services in almost every corner of the world, all thanks to Crowdin TMS.
- Workflow automation – streamlines your translation and localization tasks and optimizes the content workflow for seamless project management.
- Integrations – connect your apps, tools, and MT engines to the Crowdin platform and save your time and effort switching between different software.
- Custom QA checks – create your own QA testing procedures and customize the formatting, and style guidelines as per your needs.
- Vendors marketplace – work with the professional LSPs through Crowdin dedicated marketplaces of vendors and agencies.
Another translation software allows translators to translate and localize the content across diverse devices. With its advanced features, TMS is designed to give services to SMEs and business agencies. This online software also offers translation analytics, project tracking, machine translation, and resource management in one place, all thanks to its cloud-based TMS. Moreover, this software has native integration available for famous content management systems (CMS), support portals, and code repositories in order to make language localization across all of your assets. Moreover, Smartling is an ideal choice for various B2B and B2C business enterprises.
- Collaboration tools – provide features to effectively manage your internal and external team and enable seamless communication between remote teammates.
- Customized glossaries – support you to create and manage your translation glossaries and style guides to be followed by linguists.
- Integrations – Smartling provides custom integrations to various CMS, MT engines, and other design apps for seamless localization tasks execution.
- Project Progress Tracking – get real-time data insights to track your project growth and identify the areas that need improvements.
The most absolute name built for software developers. A translation management software that allows direct communication with the translators. The in-context editor is embedded in it which is responsible for examining the context of the translation. Consequently, it provides greater insights to prevent language and linguistic errors. PhraseApp TMS is also integrated with many advanced tools like GitHub and Slack. Furthermore, it organizes the localization task and outsources visions from a global source which makes it one of the best choices when one has to go for an efficient translation management tool.
- Translation Editor – supports translators to seamlessly search for translation files, manage keys and perform other translation tasks.
- Cross-platform support – localize your product in any programming language as it supports almost all commonly used web & mobile apps and file formats.
- Terminology Management – generate high-quality and consistent translations with predefined brand terms and tone guidelines.
- API – PhraseApp allows you to import and download locale files, tag keys and use different ways to interact with the localized data.
Another popular cloud-based translation management tool comes up in the form of Wordbee. It organized the translation process by making collaboration with virtual teams faster, more manageable, and easier. Its end-to-end system helps to manage complex multilingual projects with real-time communication, high-quality standards, and automation. It also offers a workflow for various types of projects like business documents, games, marketing material, and apps.
- Streamlined Processes – simplifies translation task management through optimized workflow and automated operation management.
- Translation Memory – translators can work through translation memories that save their research time and help them maintain consistency.
- Custom integrations – support integrations with advanced CAT tools with zero installation required to operate them.
- API – a strong API mechanism that enables translators to interact with the saved data in the Wordbee translator platform.
9. Plunet Business Manager
Besides Wordbee, Plunet Business Manager provides a high degree of automation and flexibility for language service providers all across the world. This TMS software uses a web-based platform that integrates translation software, a quality management system, and accounting. Business startups and SMEs are getting translation benefits from it. Moreover, this online TMS provides a translator database, CRM marketing management, workflow management, and Invoicing in one place.
- Centralized translation management – effectively manage your translation tasks on one platform with centralized resources, databases, and team collaborations.
- CAT integrations – you can integrate your preferred CAT tools with the platform and generate quick machine translations.
- Professional translation services – you can order professional translation services directly from the platform.
- API – it uses API for third-party integrations, so can important functionalities of other apps and tools to your platform.
Smartcat was named one of the most famous Al-powered platforms. Its cloud-based system provides tools like glossaries, dictionaries, machine translation engines, and translation memory helps to connect linguistics with enterprises and customers. Also, the functionality of these features is quite enough to boost the localization services for global needs. It offers a hybrid human-machine workflow in order to get translation speedy and contextual-wise. Furthermore, owing to its prolific translation management tool, Smartcat is making localization three times faster.
- Translation tracking – you can keep track of all the changes made to the translation documents in the editing and proofreading process.
- Quality checks – uses customized translation standards and style guides to evaluate the quality of translated documents.
- Visitor customization – offers widgets to allow visitors to change their web language, change the site domain based on location, and personalize the web content.
- Client management tools – useful tools to effectively manage your clients, quick billing and invoicing through the platform, and seamless client information handling.
11. SDL Trados
SDL Trados is also in the row of a leading translation management tool. Its computer-assisted Translation (CAT) tools manage the language service providers ( LSPs) to provide translation services fast with higher quality assurance. Also, its system has advanced linguistic system technology, customized workflow, and automated process for each project. In this way, SDL Trados is giving productive translation services across the globe.
- Localization automation – seamless localization task management with fully automated operations and optimized content workflow.
- Machine translation – provide CAT tools to generate automated translations and support your teams to manage high content volumes faster.
- Activity tracking – project managers can track the project activity in real-time, which allows them to monitor the availability and performance of remote teams.
- API – customize your user interface and other functionalities of the platform. It also allows you to customize your workflows and localization tasks.
Apart from SDL Trados, Globalize is a fully enriched translation management software made to offer Enterprises and business startups. It also provides end-to-end solutions for Windows and offers services of language interpretation, translation, transcription, editing, proofreading, and localization. Quality control, translation analytics, and collaboration at one platform are provided by its online TMS. Also, its online and advanced software is offering translation services 24/7.
- Collaboration tools –smart collaborative features in the platform will help you effectively collaborate with your remote localization teams in real-time.
- Task automation – makes task management simple and effortless for your teams through automation that leads to high performance.
- Quality assurance –QA testing tools to check your translation quality, identify errors, and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Data analytics – here you will get data analytics tools that help you track your project progress and make informed decisions backed by accurate data.
Besides Globalizelt, LingoHub holds a distinguished name when it comes to the best and most reliable translation management tool. This system offers machine translation, translation memory, automated checks, and customized databases in order to ensure the quality of translating the content. This effective system helps to create texts and translation projects in one compartment. Moreover, LingoHub TMS features like quality assurance review all the changes to organize the quality of translation.
- Billing & invoicing – automated invoicing & billings save a lot of time and effort; it makes it much easier to release payment to multiple stakeholders.
- Activity dashboard – this platform has an activity dashboard that makes it seamless to manage multiple translation projects simultaneously.
- Collaboration tools – all the international external project teams can effectively collaborate through the platform and communicate with each other.
- Live chat – here you have the live chat option, so all stakeholders can access each other in a most casual way without any need to send emails.
14. Xtm Cloud
Another remarkable software is Xtm Cloud, which is incorporated with intelligent automation, localization process automation, and centralization. Its automation process removes the hectic manual tasks and completes the translation process at a rapid speed. Moreover, its cloud-based technology offers order management, version control, and terminology management. This software also has proved itself as a central hub to connect enterprises in a systematic order in this globalized world.
- Resource management –manage your tools and teams in the most effective and seamless way through one platform only.
- Quality assurance – have a built-in quality assurance and testing tool that helps you evaluate and manage the quality of translated documents.
- Computer-assisted translations – use advanced neural networks to generate quick, in-context, and high-quality machine translation in seconds.
- Build in translation memory – well-organized translation memory that allows you to generate translation in your preferred terms, styles, and tone.
Besides the Xtm Cloud, Easy Translate is another remarkable and authentic TMS in upgrading the translation services right on point. Tracking the quality of content by quality assurance tracker, pace up the translation through automation process, customized workflows for every project, translation memory to reuse the already translated data, and decrease the turnaround time of machine translation. Due to all its advanced and enriched features, its TMS gives extra power to your translation.
- Neural machine translation – advanced machine translation engines to produce quick automated translations.
- Advanced editor – editor provides advanced features like plagiarism check, grammar check, and style editing. You can also track the changes in translation.
- Quality assurance features – ensure high-quality and error-free translated content by identifying the mistakes and readability issues.
- Content Creation – it provides unique content ideas and generates sentences, and paragraphs for the topic based on sample text and information presented.
This platform comes with enormous helpful features that will help you effectively manage your translation task and streamline the content workflow. It is a simple-to-use and easy-to-scale tool that enables seamless collaboration between your localization teams and reduces manual operation management. It offers automatic file formatting that saves your time spent styling the documents. Moreover, it also allows you to get machine translation support from third-party apps like Google Translate and DeepL.
- Glossary management – standardize glossaries for your translators to achieve consistency in translation style and tone.
- Hybrid workflow – you can use customized workflows of your choice for each translation project, and work with in-house teams and freelancers.
- Progress tracking – monitor your project growth in real-time and make timely changes to your ongoing translation project to achieve desired results.
- AI databases – built-in AI databases to help you generate fast translations and reduce the workload on your translation teams.
It is a trusted tool to seamlessly translate your multilingual website without any development efforts. Weglot allows you to put your translation projects on autopilot by automatically detecting the images, text, and metadata from the website. It means there is no need to manually gather the content from the website. This platform streamlines your translation operations and eliminates the complicated back-and-forth processes. It also provides complete quality and editing control over your translations and allows you to work with different tools, teams, and workflows.
- Process automation – less time is wasted on manual project handling, reduces the likelihood of errors significantly, and improves work efficiency.
- Machine translation – get machine translation assistance from leading machine translation providers like Google, Microsoft, and DeepL.
- Visual Editing – make direct translation changes to your website through visual editing. As you edit you know how your text appears on your website.
- Third-party integrations – support integrations with other design and CMS tools of your choice for seamless website localization.
It is an easy-to-use yet powerful platform to localize your software, apps, and website. With more than 4000 active clients this platform is trusted by thousands of businesses around the globe. It is an online translation editor that provides multiple translation options. You can opt for human translation services, or machine translations, or get your translators on board to work on your project. You can add comments, tags, and screenshots for translators to better understand the translation task. It offers cross-project translation memory that allows you to reuse the matching translation phrases.
- Automated QA testing – smart quality assurance processes to test your translated documents automatically, and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Glossary management – seamless terminology management to achieve translation consistency. Reduce irrelevant translation and excessive editing.
- Human & machine translation services – you can choose from their multiple translation options. Order professional translation, use MT tools, or get your team on board.
- Crowdsourcing – you can make your project public and allow people to bid on the project for translation.
What is the Best Translation Management Software or Tool for you?
As translation management software is designed to make the localization dream possible. The above-mentioned software is providing efficient, faster, and easier translation services all around the globe. For intense, if you have to deal with a multilingual website, you have to go for the multilingual content management system and machine translation along with CAT tools. Furthermore, the API mechanism in addition to the cloud-based translation management tool enriches the functionality and productivity of any TMS. So, in order to get productive results in the translation process, one should have keen insight while choosing the best TMS system. The Software which is enriched with all distinguished features will definitely give sound services. For instance, MarsHub is a prolific localization management platform that is providing solutions to all stakeholders in one forum. Moreover, its cloud-based technology, customized workflow, and ease of communication let one meet industrial requirements.
There is no denying the fact that translating the content is a tedious and hectic task. There always remains room for mistakes. Because just translating the text from one language to another is not enough, the translation should be according to the context. This contextual-based translation makes localization not a simple task if you are dealing at the global level. Moreover, you have to deal with multilingual platforms. For this reason, there are many translation management software to facilitate localization and translation tasks. Because translation management software allows and facilitates effective communication among project managers, translators, and marketers. In addition to communication facilities, TMS features provide an advanced methodology for managing and transferring content. In a nutshell, this article has dug out some of the best TMSs in order to let our readers know which system is best for their localization process.